The following procedures explains how to FILTER data on a report:
By filtering the data that is displayed on a report, you can view only the data that is important to you. The following procedure shows how to filter the data on the Customers report. You can modify this procedure to filter the data on the report that you are working with.
- Open the module that contains the data that you want to print. For example, to print the Customers report, open the Accounts receivable module.
- On the module’s area page, in the Reports section, click the report that you want to print. For example, to print the Customers report, click Customer > Customers. A form is displayed that lists the fields that the data on the report is filtered by. The form also displays the destination that the report is printed to.
- Click Select. An inquiry form is displayed. This form is used to filter the data on the report.
- Click the Range tab. The Range tab displays the fields that you can filter the data on the report by.
- To add a field, click Add. Then follow these steps:
In the Table field, select the table that contains the field that you want to filter data by.
In the Field, field, select the field that you want to filter data by.
In the Criteria field, select the data that you want to display on the report.
6. For example, suppose you want to filter the Customers report so that it displays only those customers who receive a discount of 5 percent when they pay their bill in 30 days. In this scenario, you would follow these steps:
In the Table field, select Customers.
In the Field, field, select Customers.
In the Criteria field, select 0.5%D30.
- To remove a field, select the row that contain the field and then click Remove.
- Click OK to close the inquiry form.
- Click Destinations ... to specify how you want to print the report.
- Click OK to print the report.