Use this form to create and maintain warranty templates for an object.
Create a warranty definition
2. The following is an example for Warranty definition form view.
3. Click New button to create a new warranty definition record.
4. Add that defines a specific warranty.
5. Add to define the warranty in more detail.
6. Select to link the warranty to a supplier/customer/internal.
7. Save the record by pressing CTRL+S.
9. The following is an example for Warranty object form view.
- Click on new to create a warranty object for the warranty definition.
- Select and to link the warranty definition.
- Select that will define the value for the warranty. (The company currency code will default in from the setup detail). The currency code can be changed for the warranty value.
- Add the for this selected warranty.
- Select for a maintenance planned event. When this object is used with the maintenance event in a work order, then a check will be done for any valid warranties against this object and specifics.
- Add the warranty meters to define the validation conditions for the warranty. (For example: if the warranty is an OEM warranty for a new vehicle, it is valid for 100 000 kilometers or 4 years.
16. Save the record by pressing CTRL+S.
- To link a specific to the warranty object, click on menu button.