The Forecasting process is run as a service and the recurrence detail must be specified in order for the service to determine when the process should be run. In the case where no details are provided the service will execute the process at the interval as specified when the service was installed. The alternative is to provide the recurring ranges and patterns on the detail tab. The range of the recurrence will indicate when the service must first start running the Forecasting process and when the service must stopping running the Forecast process. The process can be executed on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.
Process of Creating a Forecast parameter
2. To create a new record press CTRL+N or the New button. The following provide descriptions for the create process of the forecast parameters:
3. Add the as a unique identifier that identifies the scheduled event.
4. The following fields are used as filters to setup scenario's for specifics to be scheduled. For example: If Object type and an object code are selected, then only the specifics that are setup for scheduling and that are of the selected object type and code will be scheduled. Another scenario is where the forecast parameter is only the forecast id, date and calendar, the all specifics that are setup for scheduling will then be scheduled. Filter fields:
5. Select the field for planned completion of the forecast event.
6. Select a that defines the calendar ID to be used to calculate the working days.
7. The remaining data fields under the General and Status fast tab are not necessary to run the forecasting process, but if selected the process will use it as filters for the forecasting. The ONLY fields that are important is the setup of the recurrence data, because that will run the forecasting process automatically on the selected period/time.
8. When ALL data for the forecast event is entered, the data can be validated. Select the SETUP menu button and Validate data. Check the data error log to ensure that the forecast data is correct.
9. When the validation is completed, click on the button to create the forecasting register record. To see if the Forecast is “Complete”, select the “Forecast Status Log”. If it’s complete select “Forecasting register”. Select on the bottom of the Screen the “GRID VIEW” to view the all Tasks for the specific that’s on the “Pegboard”.
10. Once the forecast process is COMPLETE, the forecast record can be transferred from the forecast register to the Execution. Select the forecast record to be transferred to execution in forecast register, click on the “create button”, select if a work order or work pack must be created. (Work order is a single task selected for an execution order, and a Work Pack is the allocation of multiple work orders to a specific work pack to be executed.)
Select the Next Task due to Transfer according to the “Start Date”. Select “Create” button and then “Work order, and the process will create the work order.
Select “Create” button
11. After the Work order has been “Transferred” the following message as below will pop-up.
12. Select the “Execution Id” that was generated for the task transferred. Then by clicking the right mouse button and then “View Details”, that will take you to the work order. Following an example of created work order reference in forecast register and view of work order in execution register:
13. Continue with the MAINTENANCE process