The event budget reflects the resource requirements to be used to execute the event and is influenced by the serviceability requirements of the object. If the owner has insufficient capacity to support the equipment, certain selected support elements can be routed to other organisations or work can be performed by contractors and sub-contractors. To execute an event, resource availability needs to be verified against the requirements.
The following resource budgets need to be managed:
Resource Budget: The resource budget deals with the type of person required to perform the event. The budgeted requirement for the event versus actual available trades can be compared to determine if trade shortages exists. From this management can decide to:
Workshop/Facility Budget: A typical facility required to perform an event is a workshop with service bays. The booking of a service bay needs to be controlled to ensure its availability for an event. The budgeted requirement for the event versus actual available facilities can be compared to determine if a shortage exists.
Support Equipment Budget: Support and test equipment is booked to perform an event. The budgeted requirement for the event versus actual available support and test equipment can be compared to determine if shortages exists.
Item/Moveable Item Budget: Material can be defined as all spare parts, consumables and related inventories reserved to perform an event. Material reservation against an event will remove the stock from the open balance to reflect the allocation. This provides full visibility to the material planner in order to have control over the stated requirements versus available stock.
Services Budget: You can book an already accredited contractor against an event.
Create an Event budget
2. The following is an example for Event budget form view.
3. Click New button to create a new event budget record.
4. Add by selecting a type from the available drop down list.
Add by selecting a type from the available drop down list. The Resource codes that are displayed on the drop down list will be only from the 'Type' that was selected previously.
will be automatically added from the resource table.
5. Click in the , FastTab, in the field and tick indicator if this resource will be billable. , and will only be available if the event type is type "contract".
6. The defines if the resource on Execution or Contract may be deleted. Tick for the resource to be deleted.
7. The field will be ticked when the record detail will be disclosed on the invoice to the customer.
8. Add by selecting the resource type with which this resource record must be rolled up to when invoices are displayed.
9. Add by selecting resource code with which this resource record must be rolled up to when invoices are displayed.
10. Add by selecting the object for the specific resource.
11. Add by selecting the related UOM for the specific resource.
12. Click in the , Duration FastTab, in the field and select the unit of measure for the duration or time the resource is required for. This is only used for resources of type service, trade and support equipment. Add in the Default the default time the resource will be allocated to the work order, and is the expected time the resource will be allocated to the work order.
13. Click in the , Quantity FastTab, in the field and select the type of Unit of Measure to define the quantity. Describes the unit in which resource quantities will be required to perform the task. Add in the Default field typical where a resource type is a trade or a service, and is a numerical value to indicate quantity of resource required.
NOTE: Depending on the type of resources, different values may be required e.g. if it is of type “Item”, only the “Quantity” section under “Values” are required. If type “Trade” was selected, then both the “Duration” and “Quantity” values are required. The reason for the latter is that you need to tell how many people of a specific trade are required to do the job and how many hours they will spend to do the task etc.
14. Save the record by pressing CTRL+S and Close the Event budget form.